The Pacific Islands Tax Administrators Association (PITAA) was initiated in May 2003 during a seminar in Tonga which was attended by eight tax representative of the Pacific Island Countries (PICs). The seminar was organized by the Pacific Financial Technical Assistance Centre (PFTAC).
- To be a forum where the tax administration and policy issues most relevant to Pacific Island countries can be discussed and where experiences can be shared.
- Promote closer cooperation and coordination of information sharing in tax administration and policy formulation in pacific countries.
- Help promote international standards and best tax administration practices, suitable to the characteristics of the Pacific Island countries.
- Encourage taxation institutions to design and adopt strategies to modernize and enhance their effectiveness and efficiency.
- Enhance administrative skills and encourage the development of high professional standards by facilitating training and the dissemination of resource materials.
PNG Internal Revenue Commission Tender – COTS ITAS Professional
Papua New Guinea Internal Revenue Commission (PNGIRC) is calling on all service providers who can meet the Commercial Off-the Shelf (COTS) New Integrated Tax Administration System […]
PR 01 of 2023: PITAA-PFTAC Hosts its first 2023 Performance Management Workshop
Nadi, Fiji: The Pacific Islands Tax Administrators Association (PITAA) Secretariat in partnership with the Pacific Financial Technical Assistance Center (PFTAC) today embarked on a five (5) […]
PITAA Strategic Plan
The PITAA Strategic Plan 2022 – 2024 is divided into four (4) Key Priority Areas namely:
- Drive Domestic Revenue Mobilization for Pacific Island Countries (PICs);
- Drive the knowledge base in the Pacific on tax matters – Facilitate regional capacity development;
- Promote tools to support good practice revenue administration; and
- Stakeholder Partnership to enhance Tax Organization Relationships.