The Pacific Islands Tax Administrators Association (PITAA) was initiated in May 2003 during a seminar in Tonga which was attended by eight tax representative of the Pacific Island Countries (PICs). The seminar was organized by the Pacific Financial Technical Assistance Centre (PFTAC).
- To be a forum where the tax administration and policy issues most relevant to Pacific Island countries can be discussed and where experiences can be shared.
- Promote closer cooperation and coordination of information sharing in tax administration and policy formulation in pacific countries.
- Help promote international standards and best tax administration practices, suitable to the characteristics of the Pacific Island countries.
- Encourage taxation institutions to design and adopt strategies to modernize and enhance their effectiveness and efficiency.
- Enhance administrative skills and encourage the development of high professional standards by facilitating training and the dissemination of resource materials.
Events CalendarThere are no upcoming events at this time.
PITAA Strategic Plan
The PITAA Strategic Plan 2022 – 2024 is divided into four (4) Key Priority Areas namely:
- Drive Domestic Revenue Mobilization for Pacific Island Countries (PICs);
- Drive the knowledge base in the Pacific on tax matters – Facilitate regional capacity development;
- Promote tools to support good practice revenue administration; and
- Stakeholder Partnership to enhance Tax Organization Relationships.