The Pacific Islands Tax Administrators Association (PITAA) was initiated in May 2003 during a seminar in Tonga which was attended by eight tax representative of the Pacific Island Countries (PICs). The seminar was organized by the Pacific Financial Technical Assistance Centre (PFTAC).
- To be a forum where the tax administration and policy issues most relevant to Pacific Island countries can be discussed and where experiences can be shared.
- Promote closer cooperation and coordination of information sharing in tax administration and policy formulation in pacific countries.
- Help promote international standards and best tax administration practices, suitable to the characteristics of the Pacific Island countries.
- Encourage taxation institutions to design and adopt strategies to modernize and enhance their effectiveness and efficiency.
- Enhance administrative skills and encourage the development of high professional standards by facilitating training and the dissemination of resource materials.
Events CalendarThere are no upcoming events at this time.
PITAA Strategic Plan
The PITAA Strategic Plan is divided into five (5) Key Priority Areas namely:
- Effectively manage member and donor resources;
- Assist members to build their capability and capacity;
- Assist members to manage erosion of the revenue base;
- Utilize information, skills and knowledge across member countries; and
Contribute to regional and international forum.